Reset Username Password provides guidance on how to reset your forgotten FCC Username Password online.
1. Access CORES from the FCC Registration - Login page at this link:
2. From the FCC Registration – Login page, click the “Forgot/Reset your Username Password?” link under “Need a Username?” See Figure 1 below.
3. Enter your Username. Click “Continue”. See Figure 2 below.
Note: The username is the email address associated with your FCC Username Account.
4. You will be directed to the Reset Password page. This page confirms that a link to reset your password has been sent to the email address provided as your FCC Username (and the Secondary Email Address, if provided). See Figure 3 below.
5. An email from FCCRegistration@fcc.gov will be sent to the email address provided as your FCC Username (and the Secondary Email Address, if provided).
6. Access the email and follow the instructions within the email to reset the password by clicking on the hyperlink. See Figure 4 below.
7. Answer the Personal Security Question. Click “Continue”. See Figure 5 below.
Note: The Security Question Answer field is not case-sensitive.
Note: After three wrong attempts, your FCC Username Account will be locked, and you must call the FCC hotline at 877-480-3201 (Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. ET) or https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/available-support-services to unlock your Username Account and have a Temporary Password sent to the email address provided as your FCC Username (and the Secondary Email Address, if provided) to allow you to access your account. Then, you can proceed to change your password and update your Personal Security Questions.
8. Enter a Password that meets the complexity standards (Password must be 12 to 15 characters long, cannot include any part of your Username, and must meet all the following criteria: 1 lower case letter, 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 punctuation mark/special character). Click “Continue”. See Figure 6 below.
9. You will be taken to the Reset Password page. This page confirms that the Password change was successful, and you may now access CORES using your Username and Password. See Figure 7 below.