Register for a New FRN provides guidance on how to obtain a new FCC Registration Number (FRN) in the updated FCC Commission Registration System (CORES).
1. Access CORES from the FCC Registration - Login page at this link:
2. Under the “Username Login”, enter your registered Username and Password. Then click “LOG IN”. See Figure 1 below.
3. Click on the “Register New FRN” link. See Figure 2 below.
4. Under “Are you registering as an entity or as an individual?” select either “An entity” or “An individual”. Under “Is your contact address within the United States or its territories?” select either “Yes” or “No”. Click “CONTINUE”. See Figure 3 below.
Note: If you are registering as an individual you will be asked to select either a CORES FRN Registration or Restricted Use FRN. Restricted Use FRNs can only be used for reporting individuals on Form 323 and Form 323-E. Unless you are registering an FRN to use on Form 323 and Form 323-E, please register a CORES FRN Registration. See Figure 4 below.
5. Fill in the requested information; items noted with an * indicate required information. Then click “SUBMIT”. See Figure 5 below.
6. You will be directed to the FRN Registration Confirmation page. This page confirms that you have successfully registered for a new FCC Registration Number (FRN). See Figure 6 below.
Note: Since you are logged in to CORES with your FCC Username Account, this new FRN registration will automatically link the new FRN to your Username Account and will also make you the default Administrator of the FRN. To log into other FCC systems that require FRN and password, this FRN can be used along with your Username-password.