Register New FCC Username Account provides guidance on how to create a Username Account for an individual in the updated FCC Commission Registration System (CORES). Once an individual has a username, it can be used to link existing or new FCC Registration Numbers (FRNs) to the Username Account.
1. Access CORES from the FCC Registration - Login page at this link:
2. From the FCC Registration - Login page, click the “REGISTER” link under “Need a Username?” See Figure 1 below.
3. Fill in the requested information; items noted with an * indicate required information. Then click “Create Account”. See Figure 2 below.
Note: Enter a valid email address in the “Username” and “Confirm Username” fields. This email address will be used as your username when logging in to the FCC User Registration System and other systems using an FCC Username Account. Any notifications relating to your Username Account will be sent to the email address provided.
Note: To ensure the email address you provide as a username is available, click “Check Availability” to the right of the “Username” field before entering additional information.
Note: A username can only be registered to one FCC Username Account. If an email address you wish to use as the username is already linked to another Username Account, then this email address can still be included as a Secondary Email.
Note: The Password must be 12 to 15 characters long, cannot include any part of your Username, and must meet all of the following criteria: 1 lower case letter, 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 punctuation mark/special character.
4. Your FCC Username Account has been created and you will be directed to a Create New Account - Confirmation page. See Figure 3 below.
Note: Your FCC Username Account will not be activated until you have verified the email address provided (please see steps 5-7).
5. A confirmation email from FCCRegistration@fcc.gov will be sent to the email address provided as the username during the FCC Username Account creation. Access the email and follow the instructions within the email to activate your Username Account.
6. Click on the confirmation link in the email from FCCRegistration@fcc.govto verify the email address and activate your FCC Username Account. See Figure 4 below.
7. You will be directed to the Email Address Verification page. This page confirms that your email address has been verified, and you may now access CORES using your username and password.
Note: An FCC Registration Number (FRN) is not automatically associated with your FCC Username Account. Click “Go to CORES” to access your Username Account and link an existing FRN to your Username Account or to register for a new FRN. See Figure 5 below.