Associate Username to an Existing FRN provides guidance on how to link an existing FCC Registration Number (FRN) to your FCC Username Account.
Note: An existing FCC Registration Number (FRN) does not automatically link to your FCC Username Account. In order to do so, you must associate your Username to an existing FRN.
1. Access CORES from the FCC Registration - Login page at this link:
2. From the FCC Registration - Login page, enter your registered Username and Password under “Username Login”. Click “LOG IN”. See Figure 1 below. If you do not have a Username, click “REGISTER”.
3. Once logged in, click the “Associate Username to FRN” link. See Figure 2 below.
4. Enter the Existing FCC Registration Number (FRN) and a comment. Click “CONTINUE”. See Figure 3 below.
Note: The comment you provide will be visible to the FRN Administrator of the FRN, if the FRN already has an Administrator associated with it, so that he or she can decide whether to grant your FRN Association Request. An Administrator can assign/approve permission levels for an FRN to other users. If the FRN does not have an Administrator yet, then the comment will only be visible to you and saved for your records.
5. This page gives you options on how to associate the FRN to your Username: entering the Password for the FCC Registration Number (FRN) or sending a request to the FRN Administrator for association approval. If the FRN has a Personal Security Question (PSQ) set, you may also enter the PSQ response. See Figure 4 below.
Option 1: Select the “Yes. Here is the password:” radio button, type in the Password for the FRN, and click “SUBMIT”.
Option 2: Select the “Or, enter the answer to the Personal Security Question, “[PSQ]”: radio button, type in the PSQ response, and click “SUBMIT”.
Option 3: Select the “No. Send a request to the FRN Administrator for association approval” radio button and click “SUBMIT”.
Note: IF the FRN has not been associated with another Username, it will not have an Administrator. IF you choose Option 3 and an Administrator does not exist, you will receive an error message.
Note: If the FRN was registered through the updated CORES system, then a request will automatically be sent to the FRN Administrator for association approval. You will not be prompted to enter the PSQ response or FRN password.
6. If selecting Option 1 or Option 2 you will be directed to the Associate User to FRN Confirmation page. This page confirms that you have successfully associated your Username to an existing FCC Registration Number (FRN). See Figure 5 below.
If selecting Option 3, you will be directed to the Associate User to FRN Confirmation page. This page confirms that you have successfully sent a request for approval to the FRN Administrator to associate the given FRN to your Username. A notification email will be sent to you when the FRN Administrator decides within CORES whether to grant this FRN association request; you can check the status in the “FRN Association Requests” tab in CORES. See Figure 6 below.
7. In order to check the status of the request for approval to the FRN Administrator to associate the given FRN to your Username, click the “Manage FRN(s)” link. See Figure 7 below.
8. Click the “Manage FRN(s) link. See Figure 8 below.
9. Click the “FRN Association Requests” tab, where you can view the status of your request and cancel or “Remove FRN Association Request” if you choose to do so. See Figure 9 below.