Welcome to the new Electronic Comment Filing System
Welcome to the Federal Communications Commission's Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS). ECFS serves as the repository for official records in the FCC's docketed proceedings and rulemakings from 1992 to the present. Consumers can research, retrieve, view, and print any document in the system, including earlier non-electronic FCC documents that have been scanned into the system.
ECFS includes the following features.
- Search for Filings: Search for and view public filings and Commission items. You can export, or generate a Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feed of your search results.
- Search for Proceedings: New search screen to find a proceeding (Docket Number, Rulemaking Number, etc.).
- Submit a Filing: The standard form for submitting filings to ECFS if you want to send Word, PDF, or Excel files. This form now includes the ability to submit your filing into multiple proceedings.
- Submit a Filing (Express): A simpler form to submit brief comments.
- Check Your Filing Status: Use your confirmation number to check whether the filing you made is available online.
Some of the new features are explained in more detail below. Please also check out the ECFS Online Manual for more information on all of the available features. Most pages will have the help icon on the top right for more information.
- Proceeding Home Page: Any place in ECFS where you see a linked proceeding name, clicking on it will take you to the ECFS "home page" for that proceeding. This page shows details about proceeding, the 40 most recent public comments in the proceeding, and all FCC filings posted in the proceeding. For example, here's the page for Docket 04-207.
- Sorting Your Search Results: The search results are now displayed as a table. Click on any column name to sort the results by that column. Click it again to sort in the opposite direction. The column used for sorting has an arrow next to it that indicates the sort direction.
- Daily Filings Calendar: This calendar appears on the left side of the page. Clicking a date on the calendar will show all the filings that were posted online on that day.
- Export Your Search Results: Search results can now be exported as a Microsoft Excel (.xls) table. You can also print a history report of your search results in PDF, and even subscribe to an RSS feed to stay current on any proceedings or searches of interest.
- Search for Proceedings: Search proceedings by the given criteria, or just search any proceeding with activity in the last 30 days.
- Full Text Search:
This allows you to search the full text of ECFS filings by keyword. You can also click "advanced" to see
more options for filtering your full text search. If you need to sort, export, print, or generate RSS feeds
of your search results, please use the standard ECFS search.
Note:It can take up to one business day after they are first posted online for new filings to be incorporated into the full text search results.
FeedbackPlease contact us if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about the new ECFS.
- Phone: 202-418-0193
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not email comments directly to ECFS Help - to file a comment in a docket, click on "Submit a Filing" or "Submit a Filing (Express)" in the upper left hand corner of the screen.